Today we published our latest Economic Commentary – our first commentary in partnership with Deloitte.
Alongside the usual commentary on the Scottish economy there are some interesting articles from:
- John Ireland and Mairi Spowage of the Scottish Fiscal Commission as they get ready for their first official forecasts in advance of the Scottish Budget;
- Sandy Stewart – Head of National Accounts in the Scottish Government – setting out the government’s plans to further develop economic statistics in Scotland;
- Neil Hamilton and Kenny Richmond from Scottish Enterprise looking at the recent performance of SMEs in Scotland;
- Stuart McIntyre from the FAI looking at developments in job-related training in Scotland; and,
- Paul Hopkins and Kenny Richmond (also from Scottish Enterprise) looking at the issue of late payment.
Here we summarise some of the key conclusions from our outlook section.